Autumn Minestrone Soup
A hearty healthy soup packed with seasonal autumn vegetables! Perfect comforting recipe on a chilly day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 medium carrots , diced
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups 3/4-inch diced yukon gold potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups 3/4-inch diced butternut squash (I bought it pre-cut)
- 1 medium zucchini , ends trimmed, sliced into half moons or quarters
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary or oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dry ditalini pasta (optional)
- 2 cups packed chopped kale (thick ribs removed)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can red or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded parmesan cheese , for serving (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Stir in vegetable broth, potatoes, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil then and stir in pasta if using. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and and simmer until veggies are nearly tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in kale and kidney beans and cook until kale is tender, about 5 minutes longer. Remove bay leaves, serve warm with parmesan cheese.
Recipe source: adapted from My Recipes