Apple Cranberry and Almond Coleslaw
Crunchy, fresh and delicious, this Apple Cranberry and Almond Coleslaw is the perfect side for BBQ's, parties or picnics. Made with a simple, tangy homemade dressing and so easy to adapt with your favorite flavors, you can't go wrong!
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek Yogurt (I recommend using Fage, other brands may will be too thin)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cabbage , shredded (6 - 7 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large gala apples , sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
In a mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar until smooth, while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions, almonds and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately for best results.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy