Honey Roasted Carrots
An easy and flavorful way to cook carrots! Roasting them adds great flavor and the honey makes them extra delicious. Perfect side dish everyone of all ages will love!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Calories: 141 kcal
- 3 lbs carrots , peeled and sliced on a bias to 1 1/2-inch long pieces (slice thicker portions into halves)*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place carrots in a mound on a 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer. Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes then remove from oven. In a small bowl stir together honey and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle carrots with honey mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Return to oven and roast about 10 to 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven, toss again and sprinkle with fresh parsley and thyme. Serve warm.
*Thicker carrots are preferred. If thin reduce roasting time as needed.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy