A fresh and vibrant chip dip that's perfect for parties or snacking! This stuff is always a crowd favorite and it's the perfect thing to serve any time of year.
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried mexican oregano*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (about 1/2 tsp of each)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb roma tomatoes, diced small (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed according to package instructions
- 1 cup small diced green bell pepper
- 1 large semi-firm but ripe Hass avocado, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed and drained to remove harsh bite
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips , for serving
In a mixing bowl or jar whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add all salsa ingredients to a mixing bowl pour dressing over top and toss to evenly coat. Preferably let rest in refrigerator 30 minutes then toss once more just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*Crush oregano before measuring if it's bigger leaves. Regular Italian oregano will work as well if you can't find Mexican.