Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli never tasted so good! Raw broccoli can be totally boring but when you toss it into a salad with cheese and bacon and cover it with a creamy dressing incredible things just happen!
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt , or more to taste
- 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 4 cups small diced cauliflower florets
- 8 oz bacon (about 8 slices), diced and sauteed until crisp and drained
- 1 1/4 cups small cubed Colby Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion , rinsed under water and drained (if it's a mild one you can add a little more)
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Add all salad ingredients to a salad bowl (I like to set aside about 1/4 of the bacon and red onion to sprinkle over the top at the end for more color, that's totally optional).
Pour dressing over top then toss to evenly coat. Serve within and hour of adding dressing for best results.
- If you are looking to cut more calories, you can cut back to four slices of bacon and reduce the amount of cheese a little and omit the sugar. You'll still have a delicious salad!
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy