Mini S’mores Cookie Cups
A s'more dessert you can enjoy year round! These cookie cups have all the flavors of a s'more without the hassle of building a fire, plus you get the addition of a soft, moist graham cracker cookie base vs. a dry graham cracker. A treat people of all ages will love!
- 3/4 cup (105g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup (98g) fine graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened**
- 1/3 cup (73g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, cut into halves
- 24 milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and lightly dust with flour, shake out excess.
In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda for 30 seconds, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined (not light and fluffy, just blended well).
Scrape down sides of bowl, add egg and vanilla and mix to combined, scrap bowl again. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Fold batter with a spatula several times to ensure it's evenly incorporated. Scoop dough out 1 even tablespoon at a time and drop into each well in prepared muffin tin.
Let rest 5 minutes. Bake 7 minutes, or until center appears slightly under-baked and edges are set. Meanwhile cut marshmallows into halves and unwrap Kisses.
Remove from oven, quickly add marshmallows while they are warm, return to oven, bake about 1 minute longer or until marshmallows begin to melt and puff.
Immediately remove from oven and gently press 1 Kiss into the marshmallow of each cookie cup. Let rest in baking dish several minutes then remove and enjoy warm or let cool on a wire rack then transfer to an airtight container.
- *This was from 6 full sheets of Keebler graham crackers. I recommend chopping them to crumbs in a food processor for a fine, even crumb.
- **If you only have salted butter, omit 1/4 tsp of the salt and only add 1/8 tsp.