Lemon Chicken Asparagus and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
This dinner is so easy to throw together, it only takes about 15 minutes prep and the oven does the rest. It's a healthy, hearty and satisfying one pan meal that's packed with fresh ingredients! The bright lemony flavor mixed with the herbs and garlic makes this simple chicken dinner taste perfect.
- 1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes, diced into small pieces (about 1-inch)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs thin asparagus, tough ends trimmed, remaining chopped into 2-inch pieces*
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into even bite size pieces (about 1-inch)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (zest it first and set the zest aside)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Place potatoes in a mound in center of baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil then toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer then roast in preheated oven 20 minutes (meanwhile cut and prep other ingredients).
Remove baking sheet from oven, add asparagus over potatoes then chicken over asparagus. Drizzle remaining 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and lemon juice over the top.
Sprinkle evenly with garlic, thyme, rosemary, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss (with a spatula, pan may be hot) to evenly coat, spread into an even layer (don't overlap chicken pieces).
Return to oven and roast, tossing once halfway through, until chicken is cooked through (center should register 165 on thickest pieces), about 16 - 22 minutes longer. Season with more salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest and serve warm.
- *If you don't want to buy two bunches 1 lb of asparagus would work fine too. I've also made this with 12 oz of trimmed and chopped fresh green beans in place of the asparagus but I prefer to start them roasting with the potatoes so they aren't crunchy in the end, green beans take longer to cook than the asparagus does.