Pretzel Kettle Chip and Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispies Treats get a total upgrade here with the addition of salt pretzels and kettle chips to balance out the sweetness then they're finished with a decadent layer of chocolate! A treat everyone will love!
- 6 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups Kettle Brand Sea Salt Kettle Chips, crushed to smaller pieces*
- 1 1/2 cups broken pretzel sticks (break into pieces about 1/2-inch)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag large or mini marshmallows
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips or chocolate melts
- Multi-color sprinkles (optional)
Add rice krispies cereal, kettle chips and pretzels to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
Melt butter in a non-stick pot over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and cook and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
Remove from heat. Pour rice krispies cereal mixture into marshmallow mixture and gently stir and toss with a spatula to evenly coat. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Spread and gently press mixture into an even layer in pan using spatula.
Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth.
Pour and spread chocolate evenly over rice krispie treats. Sprinkle evenly with sprinkles if desired.
Let chocolate set in refrigerator, then return to room temperature to rest (so the treats aren't cold). Cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- *Sometimes the Kettle Chips are larger than others so if they seem larger you can measure out an extra cup because the bigger ones will measure differently - you should get about 1 cup crushed chips. They don't need to be crushed too small, just enough that they are small pieces.