White Chocolate and Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Oranges
These sweet and tangy chocolate covered oranges slices are the perfect last minute treat for a party or gift! They are so easy to make, they only require TWO ingredients (plus sprinkles or salt if desired), and people of all ages love them!
- 4 oz dark chocolate or milk chocolate , chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate , chopped
- 6 - 7 large mandarin oranges , peeled and segmented (about 1 1/2 lbs)*
- Coarse or flaked sea salt (optional)
- Multi-color sprinkles (optional)
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring well between intervals until melted and smooth.
Dip half of the mandarin orange slices in white chocolate, dipping halfway, then lift and and let excess run off. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired before white chocolate starts to set.
Place dark chocolate in a separate microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring well between intervals until melted and smooth.
Dip remaining half of the mandarin oranges in chocolate, dipping halfway, then lift and let excess run off. Transfer to lined baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with sea salt if desired.
Transfer baking sheets to refrigerator and chill just until chocolate has set, about 5 - 10 minutes. Serve immediately for best results.
- *I recommend using larger mandarins if you can find them, sometimes the Cuties are bigger than other brands. If using the itty bitty ones you'll probably need twice as many.
- Serve immediately for best results as the oranges tend to dry out once peeled.