Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Romano Cheese Toasted Walnuts and Lemon Vinaigrette
Brussels sprouts are thinly shredded for a crisp tender texture, and they're tossed with walnuts, romano cheese and a bright lemon dressing. A delicious autumn salad recipe!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, very thinly sliced*
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped**
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Romano or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add shredded Brussels sprouts, about 2/3 of the walnuts and 2/3 of the Romano cheese to a medium salad bowl.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp of each).
Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 of the walnuts and cheese. Serve within 2 hours (chill if not serving immediately and toss before serving).
- This can be done carefully by hand using a sharp knife (watch your fingertips!), with a mandolin or using the attachment on a food processor.
- To toast the walnuts preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts out on a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven until slightly browned, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Recipe source: adapted from Bon Appetit and Cooking Light