Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
Shrimp and Asparagus are cooked together in individual foil packs in a rich buttery sauce. The bright lemon pairs perfectly here and the garlic adds so much flavor. Cook them on the grill or in the oven.
- 1 1/2 lbs large (21/25) shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb medium thickness asparagus woody ends trimmed
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 - 425 degrees).
Cut 4 sheets of 14 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil then lay each piece separately on countertop.
Divide shrimp among packs near center then place asparagus to one side of the shrimp (going the long direction of the foil).
Pour 1/2 Tbsp white wine over each. Sprinkle over garlic (1 tsp per packet) and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper.
Divide butter pieces evenly among packets layering them over the shrimp and asparagus.
Wrap packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up (don't wrap too tight - keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate).
Grill, sealed side upward, until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 - 10 minutes.
Carefully unwrap then drizzle with lemon juice (or just serve with lemon wedges for spritzing) and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
- For baking in the oven: preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook 9 - 13 minutes.