Autumn Sausage Veggie and Apple Sheet Pan Dinner
This Sausage Veggie and Apple Sheet Pan Dinner is the perfect way to use those seasonal veggies and herbs. It's an easy recipe to throw together and it has the perfect fall flavors.
- 12 oz. smoked turkey sausage, sliced into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 16. oz sweet potatoes,* peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16. oz. brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp each dried thyme, sage and rosemary (crush rosemary)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 crisp baking apples, cored and diced into 1 1/4-inch chunks (I used 1 Jazz, 1 Braeburn)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Add sausage, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, apples, onion and garlic to sheet pan.
Drizzle everything with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, sage and rosemary then season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
Roast in preheated oven 15 minutes then remove and toss.
Return to oven and continue to roast until veggies and apples are tender, about 15 minutes longer.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*For another great option try substituting butternut squash.