The Best Hot Fudge Sauce
This is the Best Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe! It's deliciously rich and creamy and it has a deep decadent chocolate flavor. Definitely a recipe you'll want to keep on file. Makes about 2 cups.
- 2/3 cup (155ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (70g) packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped, divided*
- 2 Tbsp (28g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt and 3 oz. of the chocolate.
Bring mixture to a light boil over medium heat, reduce heat and let simmer, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, add in remaining 2 oz. chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Let cool to warm. Serve over ice cream.
Sauce can be store in an airtight container in refrigerator for 1 week. Reheat before serving.
- *If you are a serious chocolate lover and want some extra decadence, feel free to use bittersweet chocolate.
- Recipe source: adapted from Epicurious