Korean Beef Bowls
Super fast and seriously delicious cheater Korean Beef Bowls! Perfectly seasoned and ready in 20 minutes. A recipe definitely worthy of your dinner rotation!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dark brown sugar (light can be substituted)
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 18 oz. 85% lean Angus ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, only white and light portion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- Chopped green onions (green portion), chopped unsalted peanuts, sesame seeds, Sriracha (optional)
- 2 cups Cooked white or brown rice, or cauliflower "rice" (or more as desired)
- Sauteed or steamed veggies, such as spinach, carrots or zucchini (optional)
In a small mixing bowl whisk together honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce and water. Set aside.
Preheat a 12 to 14-inch non-stick skillet over moderately high heat. Crumble beef into about 1-inch pieces into skillet, leaving a little space between as possible.
Let beef cook undisturbed for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes until nicely browned on bottom. Sprinkle in green onions (white/light portion), garlic and ginger.
Toss and break up beef and continue to cook until beef if fully browned and cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer.
Pour in honey mixture. Reduce heat to medium, then let simmer, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Serve warm over rice, sprinkle with green onions, peanuts, sesame seeds and drizzle with hot sauce if desired. Serve with veggies on the side.
- When choosing your garnishes, thinly sliced raw English cucumbers would be another great option. As would unsalted peanuts.
- Toppings and sides not including in nutrition. Nutrition is for beef and rice.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy