Cauliflower Chicken Fried "Rice"
This easy fried rice is jam packed with veggies and protein. It's seriously hearty and so delicious! A healthy one pan meal to start the new year with.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 lbs)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, only white and light green portions
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (green portion)
- Sriracha or thinly sliced red peppers
Cut the florets from the cauliflower leaving most of the stem behind. Pulse half at a time in food processor into fine bits, just a bit larger than couscous (you should have 4 cups).
Transfer cauliflower to a large roll of several layers of paper towels then wrap and squeeze to remove some of the excess moisture. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil in a large 12-inch (fairly deep) non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Add in chicken and cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil to now empty skillet, set over medium-high heat. Add in green onions, ginger and garlic and saute 20 seconds.
Add in cauliflower "rice" and saute 3 minutes. Add in peas and carrots and saute until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Push mixture to the edges of the pan. Add last 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil to center then add eggs and scramble and cook just until set.
Return chicken to pan. Pour soy sauce over everything then toss and cook 1 minute longer.
Serve warm with green onions, peanuts and Sriracha.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy