Autumn Spinach Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
The best autumn salad! Packed with bright and sweet flavors and festive colors. This salad and dressing are one of my absolute favorites!
- 9 oz. baby spinach
- 3 small mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 small red gala apples, cored and diced
- 2 bartlette pears, cored and diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the dressing:
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar, cover with lid and shake to emulsify.
Chill for 30 minutes if possible. Shake again just before pouring over salad.
For the salad:
Layer spinach, apples, mandarin oranges, pears, pecans and feta into a large salad bowl.
Drizzle with dressing and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy, dressing recipe from my other salad recipe that I love.