Easy Chocolate Mousse Pie
This pie is purely irresistable! It's so chocolatey, so fluffy, so rich, so creamy. It's absolutely perfect and unbelievably easy to make!
- 2 Tbsp (28g) salted butter, diced into 4 pieces
- 1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips (or another 1/2 cup semi-sweet if you don't want it quite as rich)
- 2 cups (104g) mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (415ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 (6 oz) store-bought Oreo pie crust
- 1 cup (235ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish**
Add butter, milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips and marshmallows to a large saucepan.
Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate and marshmallows have melted (it will take a while for the marshmallows to melt, keep stirring).
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool, about 45 - 60 minutes (it should be about room temperature).
Whip 1 3/4 cups heavy cream until very stiff peaks form. Fold into cool chocolate mixture.
Pour chocolate mixture into Oreo crust and spread into an even layer (if you don't want it as tall as mine is you can just reserve some of the mousse chilled in cups for later).
Chill in refrigerator 3 hours.
For the topping, whip remaining 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Add in sugar and whip until very stiff peaks form.
Spread over pie, garnish with chocolate then cut into slices. Store pie in refrigerator.
*I've also made this successfully with 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for more of a milk chocolate flavor vs. the regular dark chocolate flavor it has.
**To make chocolate shavings just run a vegetable peeler down the sides of a bar of chocolate.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy