Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Pan seared chicken and sautéed broccoli are covered in a sweet and salty teriyaki style sauce that will leave you wanting more! It's such an easy and flavorful recipe that's perfect for those hectic weekdays, plus it's sure to satisfy those Chinese take-out cravings.
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Argo® Corn Starch
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut int 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (only white and light green portion)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced garlic
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp water
- Sesame seeds, for serving (optional)
- White or brown rice, for serving
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce and cornstarch. Mix in chicken broth, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil, set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over fairly high heat. Dab chicken dry with paper towels then add to skillet in a single layer.
Cook chicken turning halfway through, until center registers 165, about 6 - 7 minutes. Transfer to a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap to keep warm.
Reduce burner temperature slightly, heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in now empty skillet. Add in green onions, ginger and garlic and saute 30 seconds.
Add in broccoli and water and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, while adding in an additional 1 - 2 Tbsp water as needed.
Stir soy sauce mixture once more then pour into skillet. Cook stirring constantly until sauce has thickened, about 1 - 2 minutes longer.
Add in chicken and any accumulated juices. Toss well. Serve warm over rice sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- This stir-fry reheats well. You can reheat it in a skillet over medium heat with the lid on.
- Rice not included in nutritional info.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy