Vegetarian Lentil Tacos (Slow Cooker)
Healthy, hearty taco filling that couldn't be easier to make! It's the perfect meatless dinner the whole family will love! Recipe makes about 4 1/3 cups.
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (10 oz) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Corn tortillas or crisp taco shells, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes (for serving)
Add lentils, broth, olive oil, tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili powders, and paprika to a 5 - 6 quart slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook on high 3 - 4 hours on high or on low 7 - 8 hours.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm into warmed tortillas with toppings.
- For a little heat add in some chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Nutrition listed is for filling only.