Vegetarian Vegetable Chili
This chili is jam packed with nutritious veggies and it's so good no one will even miss the meat! It's perfectly hearty and healthy and it's a dinner you can feel great about eating! I'd even say it's a recipe worthy of the recipe book.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, cored and diced (3 cups. Preferably 1 red 1 green)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can vegetable broth, then more to thin if desired
- 2 Tbsp chili powder (mild)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, ends trimmed, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Desired toppings (i.e. cheese, avocado, red onion, sour cream, cilantro) (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion, and carrots and saute 3 minutes.
Add garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring mixture to a light boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in zucchini, simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir in corn, kidney beans and black beans and heat through, about 2 minutes longer.
Thin with more broth, up to 1 cup as desired. Serve warm with toppings of your choice.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy