Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
A perfectly easy and satisfying shrimp dish that has such a delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors. Easy enough for a weeknight dinner yet tasty enough to serve to guests on the weekend.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs large shrimp (21/25), peeled and deveined
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat is fine)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add in onion and saute until tender, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
Pour in tomatoes, honey, parsley, oregano and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
Toss in shrimp and submerge in sauce. Cover and cook until shrimp are cooked through, tossing once halfway through, about 6 - 7 minutes total.
Sprinkle with feta and mint. Serve warm with lemon wedges for spritzing and cooked orzo or crusty bread if desired.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy