Garden Veggie Pasta Salad
The perfect easy shortcut pasta salad! Loaded with veggies and parmesan and finished off with a zesty dressing. This is a classic, go-to summer side dish.
- 1 (12 oz) box tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups tiny chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced baby carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups bottled Italian salad dressing (I prefer Kraft with this recipe)
Cook pasta according to package instructions to al dente but do not season water with salt (the dressing has plenty). Drain an rinse until cold water.
Pour pasta into a bowl, add tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, olives, cucumber, carrots, red onion and parmesan.
Pour dressing over and toss to evenly coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 day). Add a little more dressing if needed.
Do you love cheese? Try adding a heaping cup of small cubed of mozzarella to this recipe.