Honey Lime Chicken Skewers
Bite size chicken pieces are marinated in sweet and tangy honey lime mixture, then threaded onto skewers and grilled to get that tempting slightly charred flavor. This is one of those recipes the whole family can agree on. So delicious!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 3/4 lbs. bonless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
In a mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, lime zest, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag and pour lime juice mixture over chicken. Seal bag while pressing out excess air then rub marinade over chicken.
Let marinate in fridge at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
If using wooden skewers let soak in water at least 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over medium heat to about 375 degrees.
Thread chicken onto skewers adding about 6 or 7 pieces to each.
Brush grill grates with oil then place skewers on grill and grill about 7 minutes per side, or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center.
Serve warm garnished with cilantro if desired.
- Cook over medium heat, anything over that and the chicken will char too quickly. With sweet marinades like this that contain sugar or honey I like a medium heat otherwise those sugars will just burn.
- Pair it with coconut rice and colorful grilled veggies for a tropical meal.
- Recipe source: adapted from my old honey lime chicken recipe.