Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri
No marinating is required for these delicious steak and veggies kebabs, instead you get lots of fresh flavor from the bright chimichurri that's spread over kebabs after grilling. This is a perfect recipe for spring or summer. The whole family will love these!
- 1 3/4 lbs. Sirloin steak (thicker steaks), diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (look for larger ones)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for brushing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley (no thick stems)
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro (no thick stems)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 large clove)
If using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water at least 1 hour (I just soak overnight).
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 400 degrees and clean grill grates.
Thread steak, red onions, tomatoes and zucchini onto skewers brush very lightly with olive oil (you'll only need a about 1 Tbsp) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill kebabs for about 4 minutes per side or until center registers 145 degrees. Remove and let rest 3 minutes.
While kebabs are grilling make chimicurri, in a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, parsley, cilantro, oregano, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon chimichurri over kebabs and serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy