Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
Bite size chicken pieces are soaked in a fresh lemon pepper marinade then threaded onto skewer sticks with tender summer veggies and perfectly grilled to get that delicious char. It's a dinner everyone will love!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, them more to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick disks
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch thick disks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt.
Place chicken breasts in a gallon size resealable bag and pour marinade over chicken.
Seal bag while pressing excess air out and rub marinade over chicken.
Transfer to refrigerator and let rest 1 - 2 hours. If using wooden skewers soak in water at least 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
Thread chicken, zucchini, squash and red onion onto skewers.
Brush grill grates lightly with oil then place kebabs on grill.
Grill about 5 minutes per side or until center of chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Season with more pepper to taste if desired and serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy