Greek Pasta Salad
The perfect bright and refreshing pasta salad! It's jam packed with veggies and bits of tangy feta and coated with a delicious herb Greek Vinaigrette Dressing.
- 1 (16 oz.) box Barilla Rotini
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons (2 cups)
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced then rinsed to remove harsh bite (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced*
- 1 green pepper (seeds removed), chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 oz. feta, crumbled (heaping 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt, to taste
Prepare the dressing by whisking together extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, honey and salt in a medium mixing bowl, set aside.
Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions, then drain and place on a tray until cool.
Meanwhile add cucumber, tomatoes, onions, black olives, bell pepper and parsley to a large bowl.
Add cooled pasta to bowl, whisk dressing once more then pour over mixture in bowl. Toss then add in feta and toss again.
Thin mixture with up to 1/4 cup water. Chill up to 1 day if desired or serve right away.
*1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives may be subsituted
Recipe source: Cooking Classy