Wassail (Warm Autumn Punch)
This is the perfect cozy comforting fall drink! It's made with robust cider, tangy orange juice and sweet pineapple juice. Then add honey to taste (I like 2 Tbsp) and don't leave out those flavorful seasonal spices. They really make this drink!
- 8 cups apple cider
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional, or to taste)
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp cloves
In a large pot (at least 6 quarts or larger) whisk together apple cider, pineapple juice, orange juice and honey. Add cinnamon sticks and cloves.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
Strain and serve warm. Garnish if desired (see notes).
- For best results use real apple cider (the kind generally found in the produce section in the fall). For best flavor use "not from concentrate" pineapple juice and orange juice.
- If you don't want to strain later on put cinnamon and cloves in cheesecloth and tie, then just remove at the end and serve.
- You can make it in the slow cooker too! Cook, covered, on low heat 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh apples slices, mandarin oranges slices, cinnamon sticks or fresh cranberries if desired.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Allrecipes.