This is hands down the best way to cook vegetables. When you roast them it adds depth and delicious flavor, and they finish with the perfect texture. This has been one of my go-to lunches lately, just a bowl of quinoa topped with lemon spritzed roasted veggies. So good!
- 2 medium bell peppers cored, chopped into 1-inch pieces (I used 1 red 1 yellow)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 small zucchini, end trimmed, sliced through the length then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium broccoli crown, cut into small florets (reserve stem for another use)
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and red onion on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet*
Drizzle with olive oil (broccoli needs a little more than the other veggies), sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
Spread into an even layer, roast in preheated oven 15 minutes.
Remove and toss in tomatoes, return to oven and roast 10 minutes longer.
Drizzle with lemon and serve warm.
- *Use a dark baking sheet if you have one. It helps brown the veggies a little better.