I know I just barely posted a Zucchini Cookie recipe, but if you tried those you’ll know a second version deserves to be posted! It’s true, zucchini cookies are amazing! I figured I may as well post the second version while I was thinking about it, I had a hard time choosing between chocolate chip or cream cheese frosted so I decided just to share both.
These cookies are so soft and moist and full of cinnamon spiced goodness. And that sweet, tangy cream cheese frosting is just what the cookies need. It hides most of the zucchini too, those little green flecks, so if you are serving these up to kids they’ll hardly notice.
These cookies will likely remind you of zucchini bread or even pumpkin cookies. They really just melt away in your mouth. You simply have to try these!
Follow Cooking Classy
Such a delicious way to use up summer zucchini! Tender spiced cookies are dotted with zucchini, which adds great moisture, and they're finished with a rich cream cheese frosting.
- 1 3/4 cup +2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 oz cream cheese , softened
- 6 oz unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for 20 seconds, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Scrape down bowl.
Mix in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly mix in half of the flour mixture, then mix in the zucchini and finish by mixing in remaining flour mixture.
Drop batter into balls, 2 Tbsp (even) at a time, onto parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes (careful not to over-bake, they should still be soft to the touch. They will continue to cook for about a minute when removed from the oven).
Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, frost cookies with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles tops very lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
- For the cream cheese frosting:
- In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth and fluffy.