Classic Macaroni Salad
Yield: About 8 servings
- 8 oz . dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 steamed or hard boiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni in salted water according to directions on package (I added about 1/2 tbsp salt to the water). Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Let drain very well.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper then add more salt after you've added the dressing to the pasta. If you cooked the pasta if fairly salty water you won't want to overdue it).
Add well drained macaroni to a large mixing bowl along with eggs, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion (if you like to have some color over you salad I like set aside some of the veggies to sprinkle over the top). Pour dressing over top, add in parsley and toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy