Peach Cobbler Mug Cake {5 Minute Recipe}

07.29.2013

Peach Cobbler Microwave Mug Cake | Cooking Classy

Yesterday I made a peach cobbler, from scratch. Fresh peaches, the homemade cake and all of that. After taking pictures then trying it, I decided I didn’t like it. So it’s not blog approved. The texture was just strange. Slightly gooey (which is okay) but then there were these chewy portions that were just odd. I guess I’ve never really been a big fan of the texture of a peach cobbler, let me rephrase that I don’t like the texture of some peach cobblers. My brother came up a few weeks ago and he made a dutch oven blueberry peach cobbler that was soooo good and actually had the perfect texture! He used a cake mix. Thinking of that made me realize I could do a quicker version that was similar but make it in the microwave, in a mug. I’m so glad I decided to try it. I’m in love with this mug cake. It’s definitely one of my favorites!

According to the photos it basically looks like a peach cobbler smoothie or something, let’s just say it’s hard to make a mug cake look pretty but there is definitely cake in there. For some reason it just doesn’t really like to show on the edges. It is just like a peach cobbler should be, partially wet and runny when you get near the peaches, then above that there’s the fluffy and cooked through cake portion (you won’t get the golden crust but I think that’s nearly impossible with a mug cake, and this is so delicious you won’t really even think twice about that). Once you start making these it could be come a dangerous thing because you’ll want them all the time and it is unbelievably simple to make! I’ve made it twice and I already have the recipe memorized.

I thought of using fresh peaches in this recipe but this is a mug cake. It’s all about ease and simplicity. I didn’t want to take the time to peel and dice a fresh peach so I just went with one of those individual cups of diced cling peaches. They worked perfect for this delicious mug cake. Enjoy!

Peach Cobbler Mug Cake {5 Minute Recipe} | Cooking Classy

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:408]

• Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen: Pure genius, m’lady! Love that you had the idea to turn a cake-like peach cobbler into a mug cake. This shall go viral, Jaclyn! Thanks for sharing! xo July 29, 2013 at 6:53pm Reply

• Heather @ French Press: LOVE this recipe, and you photos are stunning July 29, 2013 at 9:42pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Thanks Heather :)! July 30, 2013 at 6:13am Reply

• Elisa @ Insalata di Sillabe: I’m all about fresh, easy and quick recipes during summer months and let me say these look oh, so delicious! They’ll be on my table within this afternoon, you can be sure about it!

xo, Elisa July 29, 2013 at 11:20pm Reply

• Sophie: Love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! July 29, 2013 at 11:48pm Reply

• Desiree – Dishing with Des: Between this & the biscoff no-bake cookies, you have me hooked this week, Jaclyn! Can’t wait to try this! July 30, 2013 at 11:47am Reply

• Cheryl illinois: Will try this with fresh peaches and use fruit juice for the liquid; probably peach nectar. July 30, 2013 at 2:43pm Reply

• Rachel @ Bakerita: YUM! And the best is how easy it looks…perfect for the summer when you don’t want to turn your oven on! July 30, 2013 at 3:07pm Reply

• Liz: Thank you for the nice recipes. Have a great Tuesday! July 30, 2013 at 3:34pm Reply

• Sadaf: Do you think it could be made with fresh peaches? July 30, 2013 at 7:19pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Yes I think a peeled and diced fresh peach would also be delicious. I’d probably add in a little juice of some kind with them too. July 30, 2013 at 11:06pm Reply

• Kristy: I love this idea! Peach cobbler in 5 minutes? Amen sista!! July 30, 2013 at 9:30pm Reply

• Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious: Pretty or not, I’m completely sold on the 5-minute time frame! July 30, 2013 at 11:20pm Reply

• Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking: You have no idea how much I love summer cobblers, and to have one quickly?! Oh, now that’s just evil. Amazing recipe, Jaclyn! A must, must try in my kitchen. July 31, 2013 at 8:18am Reply

• Heather – Chickabug: That looks delicious. I love the glass it’s being served in – so cute! : ) July 31, 2013 at 10:36am Reply

• Julie @ Table for Two: I love mug cakes and peaches are so wonderful right now!! July 31, 2013 at 5:03pm Reply

• Megan {Country Cleaver}: These are too cute for words!! I have everything I need – so obviously these are getting made ASAP! August 1, 2013 at 9:16am Reply

• Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste: Yes, please! This looks incredible! August 1, 2013 at 10:10am Reply

• Coco: Made this tonite. it was simple and delicious. Everything on hand. Thanks so much! February 9, 2014 at 8:57pm Reply

• becky: Looks amazing! I really would like to try this with pineapple and yellow cake mix instead but I’m not sure how much liquid to use; what’s your estimate of how much liquid goes in total? February 13, 2014 at 11:09am Reply

• Jaclyn: It’s been a while since I’ve made one of these but I’m guessing the liquid in the peaches was probably 2 – 3 Tbsp. The pineapple version sounds delish! February 18, 2014 at 10:47pm Reply

• Donna: why can’ you bake the cake normally, cut in pieces put it in a cup,diced peaches, van ice cream, whip cream,cinn.? February 15, 2014 at 10:39am Reply