If you like chili you will love this Taco Soup! It tastes very similar to chili, but loaded with taco ingredients. This easy taco soup recipe is so hearty and filling and thanks to all the beef and beans, it’s loaded with protein.
Taco Soup Is Easy
I know I’ve been posting soup recipes like crazy, but trust me there are plenty more to come :). Like I’ve said before, you can never have too many soup recipes. I love to switch things up vs. having the same thing week after week. Yes, we all get comfortable with the recipes we know and love but how much more exciting is it to serve up something new? My family doesn’t get a lot of the same thing around here since there is so much recipe testing going on, but we’re not complaining. I love trying new recipes. Don’t worry about this one though, it’s not at all one that’s anything extravagant or unusual. The flavors will all be very familiar to you.
You should definitely try this taco soup tonight, you won’t regret it!
How To Make Taco Soup
- Cook ground beef.
- Add in corn, black beans and pinto beans.
- Add toppings as desired and serve! (see full best taco soup recipe below)
Taco Soup Ingredients
This taco soup has such an exciting blend of flavors. You get the heartiness with the beef and beans, not to mention a healthy dose of protein. The green chiles and jalapeño bring the south of the border flavor. The spice mix tops it off for an over the top, flavorful soup you’ll love!
Other Easy Soup Recipes
Be sure to check out the other easy soup recipes I have posted.
Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and finely chopped (optional)*
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese , chopped green or red onions, diced avocados and corn tortilla strips/chips
Cook ground beef in a large along with chopped onion, crumbling and stirring occasionally until browned and adding jalapeno and garlic during last few minutes of browning. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes with chiles, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, ranch dressing mix and season with salt and pepper to tastes. Cover pot with lid and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in corn, black beans and pinto beans and cook until heated through. Add 1/2 cup water to thin soup if desired. Serve warm topped with desired toppings.
*If you don't like heat, omit the pepper and also replace one of the cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles to one can without green chiles.
Recipe source: inspired by Food Network and others