This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a staple recipe! It’s unbelievably easy to prepare, we are talking 15 minutes prep, and it’s incredibly delicious!
I made this soup, multiplied by three, to serve to family I had staying last week over the holiday.
It was the night before Thanksgiving and that morning I knew I needed something quick and easy to serve everyone because I was starting the Thanksgiving cooking that day.
I’m happy to say everyone loved it, of course myself included!
Want to see how easy this soup recipe is? Watch the video!
This slow cooker soup such an incredibly hearty, feel good soup.
If you opt to leave out the cheese, sour cream and chips you’d also have one amazingly healthy dinner (but doesn’t that just sound crazy to leave out all the good stuff?).
I’m pretty sure I will be making this soup at least once every other week during this cold season and I have the feeling you’ll want to too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
A staple recipe! So flavorful, so hearty and so comforting! Perfect for chilly days. Just be sure to load on those toppings!
- 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- Diced avocado , diced roma tomatoes, sour cream (optional)
Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy