Fruit Pizza is so easy to make and everyone both young and old alike will absolutely love it! You get a chewy sugar cookie base that’s covered with a luscious cream cheese topping, and layered with a generous amount of vibrantly flavored fresh fruit. Then it’s finished with a sweet apricot jam which gives the pizza the perfect finishing sheen.
Best Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe!
This is a staple summer recipe! I love to make it at least once every summer and top it with a colorful variety of seasonal fruit.
You just can’t go wrong with a cookie topped with a rich, tangy frosting and lots of fresh fruit. Everyone loves this!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Fruit Pizza
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough – for the crust layer. Or use the homemade recipe below.
- PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese – it makes the best frosting!
- Granulated sugar – to sweeten the frosting.
- Vanilla extract – for flavor.
- Fresh fruit – the highlight of the recipe. It adds so much flavor and color!
- Apricot preserves – for a nice sheen.
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with parchment and butter.
- Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan.
- Bake 13 – 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer whip cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Top with fruit.
- Whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit.
- You can serve right away or chill. Serve day prepared.
Can I Make a Homemade Cookie Crust?
If you’d like to make the crust from scratch here is a homemade recipe I love. If you want it a little thicker you can do 1 1/2 or double the recipe.
1 1/3 (190g) cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup (173g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened but still cool
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions for Homemade Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg and vanilla then slowly blend in dry ingredients. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment and butter parchment.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray then spread cookie dough into an even layer in bottom of prepared pizza pan.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes until edges are golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
More Delicious Fruit Pizza Recipes to Try!
- Brownie Fruit Pizza
- Chewy Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
- Soft Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
- Mini Brownie Fruit Pizzas
This beautiful fruit pizza is so easy to make, it's incredibly delicious and it's sure to impress. You can also make it with a homemade cookie base, see notes in post above for recipe.
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as kiwi and strawberry slices, red raspberries, blueberries, diced pineapple and canned mandarine oranges)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves , pressed through a sieve to remove lumps
- 1 Tbsp water
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper (or alternately line with foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray).
Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 13 - 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), whip cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with fruit.
In a small bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours then cut into slices.
Recipe source: adapted from Kraft