These are officially my new favorite cookie! They are one of the best cookies I’ve ever eaten! These taste just like a Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano Cookie, but I think they are even better because they have all the flavors of that cookie but these are soft and chewy rather than crisp and crunchy.
I’ve been changing up flavors to all my favorite classics lately like Rice Krispie Treats and Oatmeal, so I decided it was time for a change with the Chocolate Chip Cookie. So, I came up with this recipe. I don’t know if there could be a better upgrade. These cookies are a must try! Enjoy.
PS just be sure you don’t skip out on the orange extract or the orange zest, if you leave one out you wont get that incredible, zesty orange flavor. They are the key ingredients of this cookie recipe.
You should be able to find the orange extract in the spice section of the grocer/supermarket, it’s about $3-$6 and well worth it.
You may also like to try Oranges and Cream Cookies, they taste just like and orange creamsicle and they are made from the same dough as these cookies.
Follow Cooking Classy
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies (tastes just like an Orange Milano, but better!)
One of the best ways to make chocolate chip cookies - with bright orange flavor!
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in eggs 1 at a time mixing after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla extract, orange extract and orange zest. Slowly add in dry mixture and mix until well incorporated. Gently stir in milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a buttered cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.