Sesame Noodles upgraded with chicken and broccoli! Who doesn’t love Chinese take-out? It has those crave worthy flavors that always leave us coming back for more.
I love when I can make a Chinese take-out style dish without ever leaving the comfort of my home, and better yet when I can have it made in 30 minutes!
Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
Pass the biggest bowl in the cupboard, some chopsticks, and the remote because I’m not going out in that cold tonight! The other great thing about staying home for dinner is that you can control exactly what goes into your meal, and you can flavor it just as you’d like.
This is a forgiving recipe, if you want to add a little more of something – say you want a little more bite of sour just add a little more vinegar. Or you love it spicy, no ones to stop you from adding Sriracha to your hearts content (although we all know there, don’t get too crazy or it will be the only thing you taste).
And of course you can switch up the veggie – I’ve also tried this with spinach and it’s delicious as well. You could even swap out the chicken for shrimp or beef (just cook accordingly). I hope you love this as much as my family did, we polished off every last noodle in no time!
Follow Cooking Classy
Super easy, deliciously flavorful Asian dish you can have ready in 30 minutes! Lean chicken, vitamin rich broccoli and noodles are seasoned with a delicious sesame sauce that will leave you craving this recipe again and again.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 8 - 10 oz dry linguine fini, spaghetti or udon noodles
- 3 cups (8 oz) small diced fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small strips (about 1 1/2-inches)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar and sriracha, set aside.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package, adding in broccoli during last 3 minutes of boiling (preferably time the noodles to be done about the same time the chicken is done), drain.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken strips and cook until pieces are golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then rotate and cook 2 minutes longer, toss in garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute longer or until chicken has cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and let pan cool about 15 seconds (so noodles don't instantly stick to pan and so sauce doesn't evaporate), then add noodles and broccoli, whisk sauce and pour over top.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook and toss noodles until about half of the sauce has absorbed into pasta, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Toss in green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm.