Are you looking for a simple, delicious, fancied up traditional holiday side? Or the perfect gift for friends to enjoy (that they wont just toss in the trash and pretend they loved it =)? I love cheese balls because my mom would make cheese balls every Christmas when I was young and take them around as gifts. This recipe is something new and exciting with its flavorful blend of cheeses, its zesty ranch seasoning and its salty crunchy bacon and almonds. I love adding a twist on a classic! I also love how quick and easy this recipe is. I made this for people to munch on at a Thanksgiving gathering and everyone loved it!
- 3/4 cup salted toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cheese
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, finely grated (I use mild)
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place almonds on a large plate or cutting board, set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl. Blend well with a fork. Form mixture into a ball and roll ball over almonds coating all sides. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Serve with crackers.