S’mores Bites – Two Ways

02.16.2012

With a Kiss…

or with a Rolo, take your pick!

Seriously, dessert doesn’t get any easier than this!  This definitely has got to be one of my easiest recipes yet, and cutest =).  They can be made in 5 minutes or less and they taste just like a S’more, or upgraded S’more if you use Rolo’s.  These are the perfect way to be able to enjoy a S’more in the comfort of your home even in the winter time.  How fun would these be for a party?  They’d be sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.  I also tried these with Saltine Crackers and they were delish, they gave them that slightly salty with sweet tastiness.

For best results just be sure to eat them right after toasting to get that gooey, toasted, authentic S’mores goodness.

S’mores Bites – Two Ways

Yield: 12

S’mores Bites – Two Ways

Ingredients

• 6 graham cracker sheets*, or 12 Saltine or Ritz Crackers
  • 6 large marshmallows
  • 12 Hershey's Kisses or Rolos, unwrapped

Directions

• Break graham cracker sheets in half, then cut each half into a circle using a 2 1/4" circle fondant cutter or metal cookie cutter (if using Saltine or Ritz Crackers no cutting needed). Using clean scissors cut each marshmallow into 2 halves. Heat oven to Low Broil and place oven rack two levels below broiler. Align graham crackers in the center of a cookie sheet about 1/2" apart from each other (you want them all to be near the center so they are directly under the broiler and cook more evenly at the same time). Top each graham cracker with a marshmallow with the cut/sticky side down. Place marshmallow topped graham crackers under broiler (turn oven light on if you have one) DON'T WALK AWAY, watch them closely as they will toast quickly, allow to toast until golden rotating pan with oven mitt as needed (I left the oven door open the entire time to watch them and rotate, just be careful). Once golden immediately remove from oven, place 1 Kiss or Rolo in the center of each toasted marshmallow and gently press down. For best results serve warm, just like a real S'more.
  • Note: you could easily double this recipe but I wouldn't recommend toasting more than 12 at a time for more even toasting.

Notes

*I used a package of graham crackers that had been open for a couple of days, I don't know if this will make a difference to help with easier cutting and less breakage or not. The crackers seem to soften slightly when you do this, just thought I better mention it.

• Cupcake Crazy Gem: What a fantastic idea! so simple but they look amazing, I can totally imagine these on a s’mores dessert bar! Thanks for sharing! February 16, 2012 at 12:29pm Reply

• SerenaB: I love the fact you used a cookie cutter to make them round! I love smores and your pictures are wonderful! February 16, 2012 at 12:54pm Reply

• Plateful: Love the simplicity of this recipe!! February 17, 2012 at 2:58am Reply

• Cheryl: We’re doing a unit study in our homeschool about winter and an upcoming section talks about s’mores. I wanted to make them with the kids but wondered how we would make them in the winter and voila, your recipe!! Thanks! February 17, 2012 at 7:18am Reply

• laura@wyldethyme: These are beautiful! and so simple, great idea! February 17, 2012 at 10:41am Reply

• Mrs. B: I am making these tonight! I will let you know how they turn out. Such a cute idea :) February 17, 2012 at 3:48pm Reply

• Jan Rossi: I can tell you right now….I will make these….but I will have a square bottom……not gonna cut it into a circle…naw….

call me either lazy or thrifty…(no loose graham cracker bits)!

great idea….I made turtles with pretzles, rollo and pecan for Christmas – was a big hit! these look as easy!! (if you er…don’t cut into circles of course…..)

:-) February 19, 2012 at 9:02pm Reply

• Lisa: Oh my gosh! So easy and so good. We didn’t have any graham crackers but we DID have some Spongebob Square Pants individual graham cracker bites so…..I used the large, not jumbo marshmallows and a hershey bar (also b/c I didn’t have jumbos, kisses or rolos) and it was FABULOUS!!!

I made it in the toaster oven so I could have an easier time w/ the toasting and O!M!G! A rousing success!!!! I will make these little treats again. February 20, 2012 at 8:03am Reply

• Maria: So cute! Love these! February 22, 2012 at 1:47pm Reply

• Kendra: you are a genius! so simple. February 23, 2012 at 9:12am Reply

• Pam: When I was a kid my mother always made saltines and marshmallows, but never with kisses, I can’t wait to make these for my grandbabies February 23, 2012 at 4:53pm Reply

• michelle: marshmallow fluff would work with this as well February 24, 2012 at 7:50am Reply

• Turmeric n Spice: So cute love these and so easy too . First time at yout blog and loving it March 2, 2012 at 7:48am Reply

• Tracy @ Daily Deal Blog: Quick and easy recipe the kids will love this treats! March 16, 2012 at 9:31pm Reply

• Anonymous: what if you used a chocolate coated (on one side) shortbread cookie and put the chocolate side up when making them. We always use this type of cookie when we make smores by the campfire instead of graham crackers and a piece of a chocolate bar. My sister uses choclate coated (also on one side) peanut butter cookies instead of the shortbread ones March 25, 2012 at 5:05pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Anonymous – that is a great idea! It sounds delicious, I wish I had one now =). Thanks for your comment. March 25, 2012 at 7:58pm Reply

• Anonymous: Carr’s Whole Wheat Crackers are round and taste slightly sweet and graham-y. Perfect for this…and no cutting necessary! April 2, 2012 at 10:06am Reply

• Anonymous: We always make our smores with Reese’s peanut butter cups instead of just chocolate, so this would work with the mini peanut butter cups. Yum! April 17, 2012 at 7:00pm Reply

• Anonymous: you could even use a chip a hoy cookie. May 30, 2012 at 6:42am Reply

• Jaclyn: Reese’s would be amazing or alternately chips ahoy for the base, yumo! May 30, 2012 at 10:59am Reply

• Erin: This is awesome! I love anything s’more and these look so cute! June 5, 2012 at 4:47pm Reply

• The Preppy Planner: These look so good! I featured these along with a few other s’mores ideas today on my blog:

Enjoy!!

The Preppy Planner July 13, 2012 at 12:49pm Reply

• Anonymous: Did you know that Jet Puff now makes flat marshmallows…perfect for this recipe! Not cutting of the marshmallows required! August 10, 2012 at 7:24pm Reply

• Anonymous: I use chocolate frosting its softer right away instead of the hard hersheys bar. You can also microwave the marshmallows for about 20 sec to make at home inside. September 20, 2012 at 3:12pm Reply

• Birdie: What about using nilla wafers instead? no cutting required! October 5, 2012 at 9:09am Reply

• Anonymous: thats a perfect recipe…

a must try… December 2, 2012 at 5:08pm Reply

• Anonymous: Made these last minute for a boy scout event. They were a hit and so easy to make. Used a small biscuit cutter on the crackers. Cut beautifully even though the crackers were fresh. Scraped the leftover bits into a baggie and popped them into the freezer to save for a future graham cracker pie crust! December 13, 2012 at 3:11pm Reply

• Maju: I am going to do this on chrismas night!
    It looks totally delihgtful December 19, 2012 at 1:31pm Reply

• S’more Bites | melissadionne: [...] stumbled upon this snack recipe on Cooking Classy and wanted to try it for quite a while [...] February 18, 2013 at 9:26am Reply

• Sasha: I love this idea I used vanilla wafers to add a little bit of flavor way good March 10, 2013 at 7:01pm Reply

• 101 Desserts using Hershey Kisses – Something Swanky: [...] S’mores Bites [...] April 12, 2013 at 7:45am Reply

• Pin of the Day: April 28,2013 – WeUseCoupons.com: [...] Pin of the Day: April 28,2013 S'more bites !!! Yummy PIN OF THE DAY FOUND HERE NON Pinterest link found here [...] April 28, 2013 at 1:30pm Reply

• Smores | Victoria Day long weekend – diyPaperJoy | diyPaperJoy: [...] Strawberry and Chocolate Smores | 2. Chocolate and PB Smores | 3. Smores Pop | 4. Smores Bites Two Ways | 5. Smores Cookies | 6. Smores Cracker [...] May 15, 2013 at 11:45am Reply

• s’mores chocolate fudge bars | Diary of a Crazed Cook: [...] s’mores bites [...] June 13, 2013 at 4:33pm Reply

• S’mores Bites | Pintester: […] It was 63 degrees when I left the house this morning, no lie. Those are autumn numbers, guys. I’m still planning to hold on to summer for at least a few more weeks (I need at least one or two more beach trips), so I thought I’d do a camping-themed pin today. S’mores bites! […] August 16, 2013 at 12:53pm Reply

• Super Simple S’mores Bites | KerryAnnMorgan.com: […] based this off directions on Classy Cooking, but there seem to be many versions of these out […] August 30, 2013 at 1:52pm Reply

• Catherine: I don’t know if you know this, but today, Aug 30, is National Toasted Marshmallow Day! We had company for dinner, and I knew I wanted to do a toasted marshmallow dessert (sans fire… we live on a military installation, and we’re not allowed to have open fires), so of course I came straight to your blog. :) And OF COURSE this was a huge hit with all 5 kids (ages 5 and under) and all 4 adults! So cute, so simple, so delicious. Thanks!! August 30, 2013 at 10:18pm Reply

• Jaclyn: You’re welcome Catherine! I’m so glad they were enjoyed! August 31, 2013 at 7:44am Reply

• S'mores Bites | The Wholesome DishThe Wholesome Dish: […] Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy […] September 13, 2013 at 11:49am Reply

• anonymous: Hi, i wanted to know how long i could store these for? December 13, 2013 at 2:59pm Reply

• Jaclyn: I think they are best served the day they are made. December 13, 2013 at 5:32pm Reply

• Tara: I know it tastes better fresh, but do you think you could package them and leave them for two to three weeks? I want to give some to my friends but I just moved to another state. :) January 21, 2014 at 12:09pm Reply

• Jaclyn: I don’t think I’d recommend storing them that long. They’d probably become stale and taste different after that long. Sorry. January 21, 2014 at 6:18pm Reply

• Erin: Do the S’more Bites still taste good if they are room temperature? August 19, 2014 at 8:55pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Yes, jut not as good ones they cool because the marshmallow becomes chewy instead of stretchy gooey soft. August 19, 2014 at 10:19pm Reply