These S’mores Bars make it easy to enjoy the classic campfire treat year-round! Buttery graham cracker cookies are sandwiched with melted milk chocolate and marshmallow creme. The ultimate summer dessert!
Perfect S’mores Bars
Summer may be nearly over, but with these delicious s’mores bars you can have a taste of summer all year long! I know in the middle of the winter I’m totally going to be making these decadent bars.
They taste just like a s’more, but in more of a soft and chewy cookie bar form. They are over the top and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I’m thinking I’m going to have to start replacing some of the flour in this Chocolate Chip Cookie S’more recipe with fine graham crackers crumbs so I can get the same taste these have.
If you love s’mores, then trust me, this is a dessert you don’t want to pass by! They just make life feel more complete somehow.
S’mores Bars Ingredients
For this s’mores dessert, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Hershey’s chocolate bars
- Marshmallow creme
How to Make S’mores Bars
Whisk together flour, baking powder, graham cracker crumbs and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, blend together butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract, then mix in dry ingredients.
Divide dough in half and press one half into a parchment paper-lined baking dish.
Place chocolate bars side by side over dough.
Top the chocolate bars with the marshmallow creme.
Flatten remaining dough on top of the marshmallow creme layer. Bake s’mores bars until top is golden brown, then let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Can I Use Another Type of Chocolate?
Yes, of course! Feel free to use whatever chocolate bars you have on hand. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend using white chocolate since I think that’d be too sweet. But it’s up to you!
Can I Use a Graham Cracker Substitute?
Yes, if your store doesn’t sell graham crackers, you could use something similar, like digestive biscuits. You want a cookie that’s slightly crumbly and not too sweet.
Tips for the Best S’mores Bars
- To make adding the top layer of cookie dough easier, first shape the dough into a square on a piece of parchment paper. Then gently flip the parchment paper over the baking dish so the graham cracker cookie dough lays evenly over the marshmallow creme.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into them, otherwise the marshmallow and chocolate will ooze out.
- Crush the graham crackers very finely so there are no big chunks left.
More S’mores Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
Follow Cooking Classy
These decadent S'mores bars will leave everyone craving more! You get a buttery graham cracker cookie base that sandwiched with rich chocolate and creamy marshmallow cream.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (4.4 oz) XL Hershey milk chocolate bars
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and 8 by 8-inch baking dish and line with two sheets of parchment paper, leaving a slight over hang on each side, and butter paper (if you don't care to lift the bars out in one, for easier cutting, you can just butter the baking dish without lining).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, graham crack crumbs, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press one half of the dough into an even layer in the bottom of prepared baking dish*. Place chocolate side by side over dough layer. Top chocolate with marshmallow fluff, spreading into an even layer.
- Take about golf ball size pieces of remaining dough and flatten into small shingles and layer side by side over marshmallow fluff (work to keep any of the fluff from showing through).
- Bake in preheated oven 27 - 30 minutes until top is lightly golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares (use parchment overhang to lift bars from pan before cutting. I recommend cutting just before serving as the filling will being to run a little). Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: adapted with slight changes from Lovin from the Oven
To make adding the top layer of cookie dough easier, first shape the dough into a square on a piece of parchment paper. Then gently flip the parchment paper over the baking dish so the graham cracker cookie dough lays evenly over the marshmallow creme.