Let’s just admit it, we are all obsessed with chocolate chip cookies, and who doesn’t love a freshly toasted s’more? So why not put them together? Done and done. You’ve gotta try this one!
Last spring I posted a random list of s’mores ideas, this one was on the list and I knew it had to be good.
I’m so glad I finally tried it because it is beyond good! It is total decadence and the ultimate indulgence. This is two of my favorite things in one.
I’ve always had a major weekness for s’mores – yeah I’m one of those people that eats two s’mores then keeps toasting marshmallows over the fire to golden brown perfection and eating them until I feel sick. I just can’t stop.
Then on the other hand chocolate chip cookies are another major weakness of mine. And chocolate – it’s like my best friend, so this version of a s’more speaks to me.
When you bite into this loveliness, for a moment you might just not have a care in the world because it is just that blissful :).
Just be sure to eat them while the marshmallows are warm and freshly toasted to get that stretchy, soft and sticky marshmallow goodness.
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy, about 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Mix in eggs one at time then stir in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and blend just until combined. Mix in 12 oz of chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 2 Tbsp balls each and set on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt remaining 12 oz chocolate heat in a microwave on 50% in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between increments until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate over the bottom side of half of the cookies.
- Toast marshmallows over a fire pit or over the stove burner rotating occasionally until golden brown (if using the stove burner be very careful that the marshmallows don't touch the burner, also I recommend using the shorter roasting sticks to toast over the stove).
- Place 2 marshmallows over chocolate covered cookies then top with another cookie and serve immediately (you can make the cookies ahead of time, just add chocolate and marshmallows when serving for best results).