S’MORES! Some Delicious S’mores Ideas

04.22.2013

Samoa S'mores + plus tons of s'mores ideas | Cooking Classy

I’ve been thinking a lot about S’mores lately. My husband was begging to do a cook out and have a fire yesterday, with hot dogs (gross! but if you top them with guacamole, shredded monterrey jack or colby cheese and pico or salsa, and crushed tortilla chips they are actually pretty good), and why do I agree to do a campfire? Because that means S’mores! No it wasn’t quite warm enough to be outdoors roasting hot dogs and marshmallows but it made if feel like it was almost summer, so it was fun pretending. And I’ll endure through the cold if it means I get a perfectly golden brown marshmallow with a lightly crisp almost shell like exterior to cover a perfectly soft and melted marshmallow fluff center to go along with melted chocolate and anything else I see fit all sandwiched between two honey kissed graham crackers. I’ve imagined a few ideas of what I think would make an over the top S’more and just wanted to share since S’more season is just around the corner. Some of them will be more convenient made at home in your backyard fire pit vs taking all the ingredients camping. I haven’t tried all of them yet so let me know if you do and which you like. I’d also love to hear your ideas if you have more (because you can’t have too many). Now go and throw a S’mores party and show your friends what a S’more can really be :).

delicious s'mores ideas

I’m in love with this Lemon Meringue Pie S’more.

lemon meringue pie s'mores and other s'mores ideas

lemon meringue pie s'mores | Cooking Classy

Roasted vanilla marshmallow & graham cracker with:

• lemon curd, homemade or store bought {Lemon Meringue Pie} (pictured)
  • strawberries and sweetened cream cheese
  • fresh apple slices and cinnamon
  • Nutella and dulce de leche
  • Melted caramel (with a little cream), toasted coconut and chocolate (Samoa, pictured above)
  • Ghirardelli caramel or raspberry filled chocolate squares
  • peanut butter or almond butter
  • chopped candy bars – especially Snickers or whole Reese’s
  • triple berry – fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries plus chocolate or white chocolate
  • brown sugar roasted sweet potatoes slices
  • fresh mango slices
  • brownie pieces or cheesecake pieces
  • lime curd and shredded sweetened coconut
  • raspberry jam or raspberry curd and dark chocolate
  • Maldon sea salt or fleur de sel on the original
  • Oreo tar (that’s what I call the stuff inside Oreo Truffles)
  • strawberries, bananas, dark chocolate, caramel sauce, pecans/almonds {Ice Cream Sundae} (pictured)
  • toasted coconut with and macadamia nuts or pineapple
  • fresh strawberries, lemon curd and strawberry marshmallows {Strawberry Lemonade}
  • Andes Mints with chocolate graham crackers
  • chocolate orange pieces (these) or a pinch of orange zest over chocolate, with chocolate grahams
  • sandwich roasted vanilla marshmallows between two peanut butter, chocolate chip or chocolate cookies

This one you must try:

• chocolate marshmallows, chocolate graham crackers and semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate {Chocolate Lovers S’more} (pictured). This would also be good with strawberries or raspberries. I used homemade chocolate marshmallows but you may be able to find the Jet Puffed chocolate marshmallows at the store if you don’t want to make them. I used this recipe here, I added an additional 2 Tbsp cocoa to the 1/4 cup (so 6 Tbsp total) then I also adjusted the coating to be 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder. They are amazing! I may have cut mine a bit too big, but I do like a lot of marshmallow inside of a s’more….

chocolate lovers s'mores - even non s'mores lovers will LOVE these! completely divine!

• Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious: I’m not much of a smores person but now you have me craving every single one of these! April 22, 2013 at 11:15am Reply

• Jaclyn: Glad to hear it :). I think any non-s’mores lover would love the chocolate version it is unbelievably good. April 22, 2013 at 4:16pm Reply

• Quill: Those look delicious! Strawberries, hmmm…

My mom always made them with Nilla wafers, which to me suit better than graham crackers because they don’t shatter. But to each their own, etc. April 22, 2013 at 12:24pm Reply

• Anna Marie: Quill: I like your Mom’s idea since I also do not like “shatter. :-) THANK YOU! April 25, 2013 at 3:47am Reply

• Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking: Amazing idea, Jaclyn! These s’mores all look irresistible and I love all the options. Pinned! April 22, 2013 at 1:59pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Thanks for the pin Georgia! April 22, 2013 at 4:14pm Reply

• Monica: You are good! Never in a million years did I think of Lemon Meringue S mores. April 22, 2013 at 2:03pm Reply

• Averie @ Averie Cooks: Love smores. To the point I made my own homemade graham crackers and marshmallows last month in the name of them! I love your smooshed, melty goodness :) April 22, 2013 at 2:31pm Reply

• Loretta: That chocolate one is all mine:) April 22, 2013 at 2:43pm Reply

• Rachel @ Bakerita: Oh my goodness, now I’m craving a s’mores!! These all look incredible. April 22, 2013 at 4:22pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Thanks Rachel :)! April 22, 2013 at 4:41pm Reply

• Kim: I love, love, love the idea of a lemon meringue smore! I don’t like regular smores, but I would love this one. Brilliant idea!

P.S. Would it still be a smore if I used say a shortbread cookie instead of the graham cracker-I think it would be awesome! April 22, 2013 at 5:29pm Reply

• Jaclyn: As long as it has the perfectly roasted marshmallow in the center I would still consider it a s’more :), the shortbread sounds delicious!! April 22, 2013 at 6:15pm Reply

• Amy: Lately when we make s’mores we have used the Thanks-a-lot cookies from the Girl Scouts (shortbread cookie with chocolate on one side)! Definetly a must try! The chocolate is just right and melts perfectly…(sometimes the chuck of Hershey’s doesn’t melt)!! April 25, 2013 at 5:55am Reply

• Jaclyn: Sounds delicious! I’m afraid for whatever reason I’ve missed the girl scout cookie sales…ahhhhh. Hopefully they show up soon and I didn’t really miss them. April 30, 2013 at 8:05pm Reply

• Helen: Being in UK we can’t easily get graham crackers, so I tend to use digestives – and the chocolate covered ones are great too :) August 28, 2013 at 10:47am

• Saturday Adventure at the Corvallis Farmers’ Market | A Tablespoon or Two: [...] two items. From Bon Appetit, I found 20 Ways to Eat Strawberries and from Cooking Classy, I found a s’mores recipe incorporating strawberries (yum!). Stay tuned to see what I end up [...] April 22, 2013 at 5:39pm Reply

• Sauni-Rae: My best friend and I are huge S’More fans. Anytime our families get together and it is warm enough to stay outdoors for a fire, we make a point of having S’Mores. One of our new favorites is sliced strawberries and white chocolate. But I think the lemon pie S’More is going to have to be on the next table we set. April 22, 2013 at 5:43pm Reply

• Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More: Suddenly I need a s’more. Holy deliciousness!! April 22, 2013 at 7:37pm Reply

• Amanda: Oh my goodness! I love it :) April 23, 2013 at 9:53am Reply

• Delightful Things // 04.23.13 | Lost & FawnedLost & Fawned: [...] not have a little fun with them this year (not that I don’t love the classic flavor combo)?  Cooking Classy has some great new ideas including these Lemon Meringue [...] April 23, 2013 at 4:18pm Reply

• viv: Omg they all look so decadent I’m practically drooling now April 23, 2013 at 9:24pm Reply

• Happy + Bright Friday | pb + jenna: [...] Lemon Meringue S’mores (photo by cookingclassy.com) [...] April 26, 2013 at 12:31pm Reply

• Sarah: That looks DELICIOUS! Can’t get enough of lemon curd. So many variations…. April 27, 2013 at 6:39am Reply

• Julie G: We don’t actually have s’mores in the UK. I will have to look up a recipe. We also don’t have Graham crackers (they may be called Jacobs crackers here), but I’m sure that where theres a will, theres a way. April 27, 2013 at 4:08pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Yes you could definitely make homemade graham crackers, they’d probably be much better than what we have in the stores here in the US. Homemade is always better. May 3, 2013 at 11:51pm Reply

• Beverley Bellard: @ Julie G: Plain Digestive biscuits are actually the closest thing to Graham crackers taste wise, though Digestives are a bit crumblier. Some type of plain biscuit like Rich Tea or shortbread would also work (I’m a British Expat). June 18, 2013 at 5:06pm Reply

• Kacie: I always ask my friend int the UK to bring back chocolate covered digestives for s’mores. They are amazing with a perfectly roasted marshmallow in the middle! July 23, 2013 at 8:19pm Reply

• Rachel @ Following In My Shoes: I am allllll over the lemon meringue smores…. and I just sent this page to my sisters. We all ADORE smokes. Can’t wait to have a Smores tasting party!!!! April 28, 2013 at 11:36am Reply

• Jaclyn: Thanks for sharing Rachel :)! I hope you love them as much as I do! April 28, 2013 at 12:12pm Reply

• Amanda: Love it! I make lemon curd all the time and now am definitely going to try this. I love the twist on Smores! I’ve been dying to make strawberry marshmallows and use them in smores with white chocolate. :)

I hope you don’t mind, but I used this post on a weekly feature on my blog (credited back to you!) You can see it here: http://ohmypancake.blogspot.com/2013/04/wear-what-you-eat_28.html

xo,
    Amanda April 28, 2013 at 4:28pm Reply

• Jaclyn: That’s awesome, I love it! Thanks for sharing Amanda! April 28, 2013 at 8:06pm Reply

• Laura (Got Chocolate): Oh good grief!!! I just about died when I saw the lemon. I LOVE lemon meringue pie!!! I can only imagine how good the s’mores version is.

YUUUUUM!!! April 28, 2013 at 9:11pm Reply

• Jaclyn: It’s dreamy :), I hope you try them this summer Laura! April 28, 2013 at 11:59pm Reply

• Ma semaine sur le net #24 @ Songes Funambules: [...] { Link } [...] April 30, 2013 at 12:26pm Reply

• Last Thing Thursdays: [...] I Drooled Over. These lemon meringue pie s’mores [...] May 2, 2013 at 10:03am Reply

• Nicole: Love me some s’mores, but I’m not a huge fan of the chocolate bar so I use Hershey cookies and cream bar instead and it’s to die for! We also had sliced bananas and loaded waffle cones with banana, mini mallows, and chocolate of choice… Wrap it in foil and toss it on the grate above the fire for a few minutes and you have melting delicious s’more in a cone. May 2, 2013 at 6:25pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Yum, that sounds delicious! May 2, 2013 at 8:15pm Reply

• Maggie Eisenberger: My daughter invented a variation back when she was in high school, going on canoe camping trips with friends. She uses Andes Mints instead of the standard chocolate bar! Made her very popular. May 3, 2013 at 1:00pm Reply

• Jaclyn: I’d mentioned that above but I’ve never actually tried it so I’m so glad to hear its good :). Thanks for your comment Maggie! May 3, 2013 at 11:54pm Reply

• 20+ Key lime and lemon must try summer recipes | Crafty Scrappy Happy: [...] Lemon Meringue Smores via Cooking Classy  [...] May 7, 2013 at 7:04pm Reply

• Sugar and Charm Charming Friday Links — Sugar and Charm: [...] up the fire pit because Memorial Day is coming up and I’m looking forward to trying a few of these mouth-watering [...] May 9, 2013 at 12:17pm Reply

• high five for friday: the yellow edition | heatherhomefaker: [...] Lemon Meringue Pie S’mores. Traditional s’mores can be almost too sweet, so I’m excited to try this tart version with lemon curd and roasted homemade vanilla marshmallows. (DISCLAIMER: I’ll probably sub a Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallow for that homemade business. Ain’t nobody got time for that.) [...] May 10, 2013 at 6:25am Reply

• Celine: Just made s’mores this week. We spread chickpea cookie dough dip (recipe thanks to fitsugar.com) on honey graham cracker and topped with the marshmallow and topped with another graham of course and they were delicious! Defiantly my new favorite and highly recommended! May 10, 2013 at 10:08am Reply

• Joni: Posh Puffs makes awesome flavored marshmallows. May 12, 2013 at 8:37am Reply

• Why Don't You | The Glamorous Housewife: [...] try something new for dessert? How about these Lemon Meringue Pie S’mores? [...] May 12, 2013 at 3:00pm Reply

• So Good Any Which Way: S’mores Ideas: [...] are some ideas from Cooking Classy that can help you brainstorm your own [...] May 17, 2013 at 9:24am Reply

• Carol: Thank you so much for sharing! I love making new s’more flavors. Can’t to try some of these. May 21, 2013 at 4:27pm Reply

• Jaclyn: You’re welcome Carol :)! I hope you love the ones you try! I’m loving that it’s s’mores season. May 26, 2013 at 8:43pm Reply

• Andrea: Try it with peanut butter cups or kit-kat bars instead of chocolate it tastes really good May 27, 2013 at 4:49pm Reply

• Make Lemon Meringue Pie S’mores | Dollar Store Mom Frugal Fun – Crafts for Kids: [...] for this, except perhaps “EPIC” and “YESPLEASE!” And it gets even better: Cooking Classy not only shares a recipe for this glorious creation pictured above, but in the very same post [...] June 1, 2013 at 10:01am Reply

• Kelly @ IdealistMom.com: Thank you for this great list of s’more ideas! The lemon pie one is what I’m currently drooling over…pinning it! June 2, 2013 at 4:20pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Thanks for the pin Kelly! June 2, 2013 at 9:46pm Reply

• Links I Love – Recipes Edition: [...] I’m really feeling the s’mores movement currently happening.  These look delectable. [...] June 5, 2013 at 6:01am Reply

• Ooey Gooey Butter S'mores Cookies – Something Swanky: [...] Lemon Meringue S’mores by Cooking Classy [...] June 5, 2013 at 4:29pm Reply

• Ginu: Wonderful ideas! I love s’mores and I just bought a classic s’mores making kit. I will have to try these for our next get together. I mean seriously whats better than a big plate of smores! June 11, 2013 at 7:05am Reply

• Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner: There is something about summer and smores that go hand in hand. Seeing today is the first day of summer I think that’s a sign that they must be made. ;) You have 3 different but great ideas and I don’t know which to try first…At some point I’ll have to try them all! June 21, 2013 at 9:06am Reply

• WHAT I’M PINNING | Jenna Lam Events Blog: [...] PACKAGING via Broome Street  / LEMON MERINGUE SMORES via Cooking Classy / CAROLINA HERRERA’S OFFICE via This is Glamorous / GORGEOUS FLOWERS via Snippet & [...] July 16, 2013 at 11:45am Reply

• Manuela Everly: please let me know by email, thanks. is this something that has to be ate right away or can you make lots and keep for a few days ??? July 17, 2013 at 4:56am Reply

• Jaclyn: They are definitely best enjoyed right away as the marshmallows begin to set and become chewy once they rest, rather than being soft and gooey. July 17, 2013 at 9:38pm Reply

• Rita Connelly: I, too, had been craving S’mores but it’s been too dry and windy to grill outdoors in Tucson these days.
    So I ‘roasted’ the marshmallows in my toaster oven with darn good results.
    I also used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate.
    Utterly yummy!
    My only regret is that I didn’t take photos. The s’mores went too fast.
    I ran out of chocolate before I ran out of marshmallows and graham crackers so I’m thinking of making Rice Krispie Treats. But because I don’t have any Rice Krispies in the house I’m going to try Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. If it work’s I’ll let you know; this time with pictures. July 23, 2013 at 12:20pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Sounds delicious! July 23, 2013 at 8:34pm Reply

• Ritz Cracker S'mores – Something Swanky: [...] Lemon Meringue S’mores by Cooking Classy [...] July 30, 2013 at 7:45pm Reply

• LOVELY LEMON DESSERTS | Best Friends For Frosting: [...] in that traditional piece of chocolate for this Lemon Meringue Pie S’more recipe. You can buy the lemon curd or make it yourself. Either way, your taste buds are in for a [...] July 31, 2013 at 9:01am Reply

• Karen: What kind of cracker are you using for the lemon meringue s’mores? It doesn’t look like traditional graham cracker.

I make s’mores in my toaster oven with mini marshmallows and dark chocolate. Very yummy and a quick but satisfying snack. September 10, 2013 at 6:56am Reply

• Jaclyn: I did used the traditional graham cracker for the lemon meringue but you could definitely use any other kind you’d prefer. I love making the quick smores in the kitchen :). September 14, 2013 at 8:59pm Reply

• Karen: These look amazing! Especially the Lemon Meringue. September 10, 2013 at 11:51am Reply

• Rachel: How did you get that perfect melted chocolate? My chocolate never melts that much, but I wish it did! Secrets, tips, advice? February 28, 2014 at 10:01am Reply

• Jaclyn: When camping I use a heat proof bowl and melt it over a portable stove/grill over warm heat. When I’m home I just melt it in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring between. I used to just wish it would melt from the heat of the marshmallows but it would never happen for me so I just started melting it before roasting the marshmallows. Nutella is also great if you are looking for a cheat :). March 11, 2014 at 8:19pm Reply

• Lemon S'mores Cupcakes – Healthy. Delicious.: […] cupcakes were inspired by a recipe for lemon s’mores that I found on Pinterest. I’m obsessed with lemon (have you checked out my lemon love board […] April 8, 2014 at 5:37pm Reply