Need a quick dessert to curb that sweet craving? These cookies have got you covered. They use one mixing bowl and no electric mixer. They are mixed by hand and the cookie dough can be prepared in under 5 minutes. Does it get any easier? And you’d think a cookie that was so simple might not be that great. These most definitely prove that notion wrong.
You’ll love how the peanut butter flavor of these cookies is so pronounced because it isn’t hidden by the use of any flour. These require 6 basic ingredients that you likely always keep in your cupboards, so this will likely become one of those staple recipes that you go to whether your in a pinch for time or out of other ingredients needed for a more complex recipe.
I know I’m sold on these flourless peanut butter cookies! I love their unique texture, and of course that chocolate, peanut butter combo we can never seem to get enough of. Enjoy!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, using a large spoon, mix together peanut butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg and baking soda until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Flatten each slightly. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Recipe Source: adapted from Southern Living and others