This post is brought to you by Smucker’s Fruit Spreads
PB&J in cookie form? Yes please! My kids and I love peanut butter and jam sandwiches so of course we were excited to try these PB&J Thumbprint Cookies. My four year old saw them and said “Wow! Those look good!” Then she offered to help me finish making them. I gave her a plateful to fill and she thought it was so fun to load them up with different flavors of jam.
Not only do these cookies look colorful and scrumptious but they taste completely irresistible! They are just like those delicious peanut butter filled sandwiches laden with a berry jam but these are in sweet cookie form! They have that deliciously crisp exterior you find in your traditional thumbprint cookie and each bite just melts away in your mouth. My personal favorite jam with these is the Smucker’s Low-Sugar Strawberry Jam (not only do I love it’s bold strawberry flavor but I also love it’s vibrant red color. Its the red jam in the cookies but not in the picture of the jams. My jar was about empty because we eat it so often), but any flavor will do. Just use your favorite. Smucker’s Fruit Spreads are my go-to, because I know I can count on their authentic tastes and variety.
The great things about these cookies is that they are a cookie both young and old alike will love! Who could resist this jam filled peanut buttery goodness? Not me! They’re the perfect after school treat from the whole family!
Creating PB & J recipes with Smucker’s Fruit Spreads helps me spend quality time with my children and appreciate this time in their life. They’re only going to be kids once and simple recipes like this are so much fun for them to help make, and even more fun to eat!
Apart from cookies, we also love making PB&J sandwiches. My kids and I love to make them and take them with us to the local park. There is nothing quite as practical for a picnic, like the classic PB&J sandwich. I love the moments I get to spend with the littles while picnicking with them.
Follow Cooking Classy
PB&J Thumbprint Cookies
Delicious tender cookies featuring the nostalgic peanut butter and jam combo. A delicious treat people of all ages will love!
- 1 1/3 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (54g) packed light-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (162g) JIF Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Smuckers Fruit Spread (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment blend together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar just until creamy. Mix in peanut butter and blend just until combined. Mix in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed slowly adding in flour mixture and mix just until combined. Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into balls. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone liners, spacing cookies two inches apart. Make an indentation with the back of a rounded 1/2 tsp in the top of each cookie*. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes (for softer cookies bake near lesser time for crisper bake more near greater time). Remove from oven make a indentation in center of cookies with the back of a rounded tablespoon (they likely flattened out so they just need one more indentation). Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool spoon and spread 1 tsp jam into center of each cookie. Store in an airtight container in a single layer.
*For thicker cookies don't add indentation needed until after baking, just leave as whole rounds without indentation in them before baking. Then once they've baked, remove from oven and immediately make indentation by using the bottom of a rounded teaspoon to gently press to create well in center. Then proceed as directed.