Is there anything like a warm and comforting cup of hot cocoa on a cold fall or winter day? Hot cocoa quickly became a favorite for my family last year when we were living in Washington D.C. for a few months. Our apartment complex had a hot cocoa machine in the lobby which was just one elevator level below me. I wasn’t ever one to stop and buy hot cocoa when I was out and about, but when it was right there at my fingertips all the time it was simply too hard to resist. Well you guys, I thought that hot cocoa was good, but wait until you try this! It is no doubt over the top delicious thanks to the new amazingly delicious Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups! Since 1878, Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups has been a trusted sweetener brand in the U.K. Their pure cane sugars have graced the finest tables in the British Isles and now you can find them here in the US. They bring coffeehouse flavor to your home with every pour. And did I mention this hot cocoa is so easy to make?! If you wanted to, you could even make a single serving of this decadent drink in the microwave.
Once you try these incredibly delicious Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups in all of your favorite drinks it’s likely you will quickly become a devoted fan. My favorite is definitely the Hazelnut Pure Cane Syrup but the other varieties are all delectable. Simply put, we are talking about a major drink upgrade here. I can’t wait to try these in my occasional cup of tea as well. My husband actually has started drinking herbal tea every single morning as part of his diet regimen, so he is so excited to have these.
Doesn’t having such a delicious drink create a brilliant moment? And if it is good enough it will create a lasting memory. With a drink like this that the whole family can enjoy it can become a family tradition. I can picture all the places during this cool season that I will want to bring this drink along with me in my tall insulated cantina. We will be so excited sitting there longingly watching it pour into each cup with the steam rolling out as the enticing hazelnut scent awakens our senses. This drink truly is dreamy, hence the name.
The great thing about this basic recipe is that you could use the other Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrup flavors like Caramel Pure Cane Syrup or Vanilla Pure Cane Syrup in it as well — just pick your favorite! And if you want to make this just that much more irresistible, go ahead and top it with marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream and garnish with a fair amount of chocolate shavings. The way they both melt and froth into this dreamy cup of hot cocoa… ah, I just need another cup.
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Tate + Lyle Hazelnut Flavored Pure Cane Syrup
- 3 2/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Miniature marshmallows and finely chopped chocolate, for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan whisk together cocoa powder and Tate + Lyle Hazelnut Flavored Pure Cane Syrup. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, just until it begins to lighlty simmer. Then while whisking, slowly pour in milk and cream. Bring just to a very warm temperature, stirring occasionally (don't boil), and serve warm topped with marshmallows and chopped chocolate if desired.
Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups are Fairtrade certified and can be found in the sugars aisle at Walmart and other fine retailers. You can connect with Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. You can also sign up for the Tate+Lyle® email newsletter here.
Click here to download a coupon for $1.50 off of Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups!
One lucky reader will walk away with a $100 gift card to Walmart! To enter for a chance to win, simply leave a blog comment below answering this question: What is your favorite fall drink? Good luck!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/15/14 – 12/1/14.
Be sure to visit the Tate + Lyle brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!