Here you have one of the ultimate summer meals! The first week of summer requires a little celebrating, right? So why not go all out with dinner tonight and make something special – something tropical like this incredibly delicious Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice! This is a restaurant quality meal that you can make and enjoy in the comfort of your own home and it’s packed with fresh, irresistible flavors that will leave you craving more!
I absolutely love the combination here of the slightly charred lime salmon with the sweet, fruity salsa and the rich and creamy coconut rice. It is all a match made in Heaven. If you haven’t had coconut rice yet you need to make it today! It is one of my favorite rice dishes and it’s so easy to prepare. I made this version with Zico Coconut Water, canned coconut milk and jasmine rice and it’s one of my new go-to rice recipes!
I love Zico Coconut Water because it’s all natural 100% coconut water, plus it’s a great natural source of electrolytes. Did you know Zico Coconut Water has five electrolytes – sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus? And it has as much potassium as a banana and no added sugar. Now I call that a healthy way to stay hydrated! Yes coconut water is often seen just as a drink or something you can mix into smoothies but it’s also great for cooking and you can even use it in baking! You can add it to soups or curries, or try it out like I did here by replacing the water when preparing coconut rice.
Make this amazing meal soon! It will definitely be a highlight of a nice summers day!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under water and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zico Coconut Water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salmon:
- In an 11x7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each). Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 - 30 minutes, then flip salmon to opposite side and allow to marinate 15 - 30 minutes longer. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
- For the coconut rice:
- While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice. In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil. Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there may be just a little bit of excess liquid in center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
- For the avocado-mango salsa:
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post is sponsored by Zico Coconut Water. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I love which help make this blog possible!