Looking for a simple soup that is sure to please to add to the dinner rotation? This recipe has got you covered! This soup is destined to be a definite crowd pleaser. My whole family absolutely loved it! And bonus, I love how easy it was to make!
This soup is packed with nutrition from all the kale and protein packed cannellini beans (and the remaining veggies of course), then I love the depth of flavor the sausage adds. It gives all those healthy ingredients just what they need to make it perfect. Even though it’s just a soup it is completely hearty and filling so you won’t need to add much more to your meal, if anything (although can you ever go wrong with a side of fresh bread and butter). This is a recipe you’ll likely find yourself turning to time and time again. I know I’m going to!
Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz beef Polska Kiebasa Sausage , sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (I used Hillshire Farm and really liked it)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (about 3)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 (14.5 oz cans) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary , crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 6 oz kale , thick ribs removed, chopped (about 1 1/2 bunches. 5 oz if using pre-cut)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded parmesan cheese , for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage, while leaving oil in pan, and drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Return pot with oil to medium heat, add carrots, onion, and celery and saute 3 minutes (while scraping bottom of pan to get the browned bits), add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken broth, water, parsley, rosemary, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow to gently boil 10 minutes. Add kale and allow to boil 10 minutes longer until kale and veggies are tender. Stir in cooked sausage and cannellini beans (you can add more broth at this point to thin if desired). Serve warm, top each serving with parmesan cheese.
- Recipe source: inspired by Gourmet