Are you tired of the same old Mexican rice? I know I’m getting a little bored of mine because I make it with nearly every Mexican meal, so I decided to switch things up a bit. This recipe could also be called guacamole rice because it tastes just like so. I love it though because I always find myself dolloping a generous amount of guacamole over my Mexican rice all the time.
Aren’t we all always on the lookout for a quick and easy, healthy lunch, one that isn’t boring. This rice is just what I’ve been looking for. It begins with brown rice, then it’s covered in a creamy avocado, vibrant cilantro and a zesty lime mixture. It requires minimal ingredients but together they create something completely delicious! Really though, if you say the word avocado, I’m in. I just love avocados! Lately I’ve just been mashing them up and slathering them on my toast in place of butter and surprisingly enough it tastes incredibly good. I think it’s safe to say they are one of the worlds best ingredients.
Healthy lunch or appetizer, look no further. This one you’ve got to try!
Follow Cooking Classy
A delicious upgrade on plain brown rice. You'll love this bright and creamy cilantro, lime and avocado addition!
- 4 - 5 cups cooked brown (preferably day old)
- 2 medium ripe avocados (11 oz before peeling and coring)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small clove garlic , minced (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Mash avocados in a large mixing bowl. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, cumin and garlic, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in warm cooked rice and serve warm.
- Recipe Source: adapted with some changes from Bran Appetit