Are you tired of the same old Mexican rice? I know I’m getting a little bored of mine because I make it with nearly every Mexican meal, so I decided to switch things up a bit. This recipe could also be called guacamole rice because it tastes just like so. I love it though because I always find myself dolloping a generous amount of guacamole over my Mexican rice all the time.
Aren’t we all always on the lookout for a quick and easy, healthy lunch, one that isn’t boring. This rice is just what I’ve been looking for. It begins with brown rice, then it’s covered in a creamy avocado, vibrant cilantro and a zesty lime mixture. It requires minimal ingredients but together they create something completely delicious! Really though, if you say the word avocado, I’m in. I just love avocados! Lately I’ve just been mashing them up and slathering them on my toast in place of butter and surprisingly enough it tastes incredibly good. I think it’s safe to say they are one of the worlds best ingredients.
Healthy lunch or appetizer, look no further. This one you’ve got to try!
Follow Cooking Classy
A delicious upgrade on plain brown rice. You'll love this bright and creamy cilantro, lime and avocado addition!
- 4 1/2 cups cooked brown (preferably day old)
- 2 medium ripe avocados (11 oz before peeling and coring)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) ground cumin
- 1 small clove garlic , minced (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Mash avocados in a large mixing bowl. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, cumin and garlic, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in warm cooked rice and serve warm.
Recipe adapted with some changes from Bran Appetit