BLT! Who doesn’t love it? You have got to try this salad! It is easy to make and it tastes so incredibly delicious. Really this is a BLTA salad because I couldn’t resist adding the avocado in there. Avocados add nutrition and a subtle, unique flavor and that irreplaceable texture.
I love salads and how simple they are to throw together. They make for a quick dinner that is filling and (mostly) healthy. You can choose how much bacon you’d like to add. My family loves bacon – we fight over bacon :), so I added a fair amount to ours. It’s probably true though that a pound of bacon between four people isn’t very healthy, so if you are looking to make it a little healthier just cut back on the amount of bacon you add in. If you want to serve this as a main dish for dinner I recommend adding in some grilled chicken breast because it makes it more filling.
Just be sure you add the dressing to this salad just before serving because after a short period of time the romaine lettuce will begin to loose it’s crunch. It’s a common rule for most green salads but just thought I’d add that in there, because soggy salads are no good. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
BLT Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Such a flavorful and satisfying salad recipe! You can never go wrong with bacon.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard (I like Emeril's)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper , then more to taste as desired
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- 12 - 16 oz bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium avocados , diced
- 6 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes , each sliced into 3 segments
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds , toasted
- 2 chicken breasts , grilled and sliced into strips (optional)
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until well emulsified. Store in refrigerator.
- For the salad:
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl (or just layer all ingredients on plates individually), and toss with dressing just before serving.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy