BLT! Who doesn’t love it? You have got to try this salad! It is easy to make and it tastes so incredibly delicious. Really this is a BLTA salad because I couldn’t resist adding the avocado in there. Avocados add nutrition and a subtle, unique flavor and that irreplaceable texture.
I love salads and how simple they are to throw together. They make for a quick dinner that is filling and (mostly) healthy. You can choose how much bacon you’d like to add. My family loves bacon – we fight over bacon :), so I added a fair amount to ours. It’s probably true though that a pound of bacon between four people isn’t very healthy, so if you are looking to make it a little healthier just cut back on the amount of bacon you add in. If you want to serve this as a main dish for dinner I recommend adding in some grilled chicken breast because it makes it more filling.
Just be sure you add the dressing to this salad just before serving because after a short period of time the romaine lettuce will begin to loose it’s crunch. It’s a common rule for most green salads but just thought I’d add that in there, because soggy salads are no good. Enjoy!
BLT Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Such a flavorful and satisfying salad recipe! You can never go wrong with bacon.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard (I like Emeril's)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper , then more to taste as desired
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- 12 - 16 oz bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium avocados , diced
- 6 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes , each sliced into 3 segments
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds , toasted
- 2 chicken breasts , grilled and sliced into strips (optional)
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until well emulsified. Store in refrigerator.
For the salad:
Add all ingredients to a large bowl (or just layer all ingredients on plates individually), and toss with dressing just before serving.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy