Blueberry Lemon Brownies with White Chocolate Glaze start with a fluffy, cakelike base, dotted with juicy blueberries and tangy lemon juice, then dressed with a sweet white chocolate glaze for the freshest dessert—it tastes like sunshine!
I have the feeling this is going to be my new favorite summer dessert. Simply said, I want to stop everything I’m doing and devour the entire pan. I thought it would be exciting to create a fun brownie recipe that’s not your average chocolate brownie; something different that people haven’t tried before.
Is it a brownie without chocolate? I say it can be! These bars have the same fudgy consistency, a little thicker than a cake which would need a fork, which is what makes them a “brownie” to me. You can still grab a fork (the glaze can get a little sticky—but I don’t mind licking my fingers!) or eat these grab-and-go like a normal brownie.
Blueberry Lemon Brownies
I’ve seen several different lemon brownie photos on Pinterest so I decided I wanted to create my version. What goes better together than lemon, blueberry, and white chocolate? My husband said these are some of his new favorites, which I was excited by because normally he doesn’t care much for lemon. Guess these are just that good—even those who don’t like lemon love these brownies.
You can make these blueberry lemon brownies anytime, and even use frozen blueberries if need be, but if you can use fresh blueberries and lemons in season you’ll be very happy. There’s just something about light and fruity desserts that makes me think of enjoying lovely weather outside. I’d take these blueberry lemon cake bars to a BBQ, picnic, summer potluck, or even for a spring brunch! They’d make a delicious Easter brunch dessert, too.
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Blueberry Lemon Brownies with White Chocolate Glaze
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips , or 3 oz. chopped white chocolate
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk or half-n-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat egg and egg yolks on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in sugar, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in blueberries. Pour mixture into a buttered 8x8 baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake 30-34 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (I used chilled blueberries so mine took about 33 minutes).
- Allow Blueberry Lemon Brownies to cool completely, then pour White Chocolate Glaze over top and spread evenly over brownies (I poured it in the center so it didn't all run down the sides of the bars, then I spread it out near the edges). Cut into squares (for cleaner cutting you can freeze bars for about 10-15 minutes to help glaze set before cutting).
White Chocolate Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave mixture on 50% in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.