Are you guys cookie’d out yet? Because I definitely am not :)! I’ve been sharing cookie recipes like crazy and still have another cookie recipe to share next week too, Lemon Snowball Cookies, they are amazing! As are these perfectly flavored eggnog snickerdoodles. That’s right you guys, all the flavors of eggnog combined with all the best things about snickerdoodles and BAM! You get these! And they are dangerously delicious!
Crazy enough, these cookies actually contain no eggnog. I felt if I added it it we’d end with more of a cakey snickerdoodle and with these I wanted something more soft and chewy because to me that’s the way a true snickerdoodle should be (plus that must have, lightly crisp outer layer from the sugar coating that slightly melts while baking. I just love biting through that!). They get their eggnog flavor from a fair amount of nutmeg and also from the rum extract. Rum extract can be found near the vanilla extract in most grocery stores. It’s a must in these cookies so be sure not to skip out on it. Plus if you buy it an need more uses for it you can try any of these recipes here.
And since you can never have too many cookie recipes… I’m so excited today to be part of a virtual cookie exchange with some of my food blogging friends! You really need to check out all their delicious recipes! I don’t know which one to start with first, they all look so delicious! Follow the links below the image to get the recipes.
Happy cookie making!
Fruit Filled Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Chef in Training
Gingerbread Biscotti from Completely Delicious
True Love Cookies from Creme de la Crumb
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Inside BruCrew Life
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies from Sweet Basil
Candy Cane Cheesecake Cookies from Sweet Treats and More
Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies from Taste and Tell
Chocolate Mallow Drops from The Recipe Critic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Rudolph Cookies from Your Cup of Cake
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
- 2 3/4 cups (398g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (3.3 oz) all-vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (210g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Mix in eggs then mix in vanilla and rum extract. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time and shape into balls.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup granulated sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and roll dough balls into mixture to evenly coat. Place 2-inches apart Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 10 minutes (they should appear slightly under-baked). Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe source: adapted from Taste of Home